Wednesday 11 June 2008

on my desk... on a wednesday

Today I spent 9 hours doing my motorbike learners course..... & I bloody well passed! Can you believe it? I was quite the wreck of nerves, but pulled up fine & dandy when it came to test time. I can't believe that little old scaredy cat me, accomplished what I did today. Here is my temporary license until I receive the real one in the post.
And despite not posting much lately, I've been up to some crafty things. Here is a tote I made on Saturday, from opp-shopped grey wool & 50c pillowcase. Sure it's not super perfect... but it is super cool, because it even has a pocket on the outside & it's lined with pillowcase too. I'm still not that flash in the sewing department, but if it looks ok & doesn't fall apart I'm content.
And just now, I made this wee purse. Again, not perfect... but if you squint... you won't notice where the whoopsies are.
So that's all for today my dears, til I babble on again.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh please the bag and purse are super cute - don't sell your sewing short. I have the same concern that people are snickering in the street thinking "here comes that poor family in their home made clothes". I've decided that they shouldn't look like a machine has made them - That's my excuse anyway.

CurlyPops said...

Congratulations on the motorbike licence...how exciting! Love the tote and the purse...the thrifted material is really nice.

Sherrin said...

congrats on the learners pass!!

Your bag and purse look great- whatcha talking about?!

Kirsty said...

Well done on the licence!

Yeah...the sewing machine is just a means to an end in my opinion. I don't think we'll ever have a serious relationship. Casual flings are enough for me.

boobook said...

woop woop!!
WEll done on the L's!
really great zip purse too!!

Michelle said...

Well done on getting your bike licence, awesome! And I can't see any whoopsies at all - all looks great!

Drewzel said...

Go you! go you! go you!

teddybearswednesday said...

WEll done of your license, I very impressed being a scaredy cat myself. Love the bag and the purse too, they look perfect to me!

Maureen Reynolds said...

Congratulations on the license, and don't look so hard. Nobody sees our mistakes like we do. Be gentle with you.