Tuesday 5 May 2009

on being very still...

I don't quite know how my head works, but Saturday morning past I thought it was a grand idea to walk home from the fruit & veg market... with 2 green bags absolutely choccas with shopping. The walk home took half an hour & I was in pain then, my shoulders were killing me! The body is a strange thing, because on Sunday the pain was mild. 2 days later, my back has joined in on the fun. I can't work & I've been on the couch all day working on my granny squares, which is great because I'm now up to 50... just another 200 to go. So I'm dosed up on voltaren & trying to see through the pain killers whether or not I can work tomorrow.
I'm glad Sunday was good to me, because it gave me the chance to take a glorious ride on my motorbike to South Melbourne. Where I ventured into Spotlight to find these beauties. They have a newish range of fabrics with great vintage designs upon them.

I was enamoured by this particular fabric & quickly whipped up another notebook cover for a friend. Surely by the initials, she will figure it out before she receives it. But I must purchase another book to slide into it before I gift it.
Don't mind the rough edges, I'm a ruffian!

2 comments:

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh I feel your pain. My neck was out for 3 weeks. I looked like a complete cripple and couldn't turn my head or sleep properly! Be careful you don't get RSI, crochet queen! Enjoy your voltaren!

Unknown said...

Oh loving those fabrics. Very cute notebook covers too.