Monday 29 June 2009

I'm still here...

Wow, where did last week go? I'm caught up in the great whirlwind that is packing & moving. Living between two houses, especially when they're an hour & a half away from each other is quite a task. But I really am loving it. We move the rest of our stuff this weekend, so from next week we'll be down there for real.
The peace & tranquility is just awesome. We wake to kookaburras & fogs rolling off the hillside.
The weekend was spent gardening, cleaning & cooking. I'm digging four big garden beds for my vegie patch, getting ready for spring plantings. The existing beds were too small & full of old, suffering roses, so out they all came. My new best friend is a pitchfork, what a wonderful tool.
A rhubarb plant was discovered near the back door, so a rhubarb & apple crumble was the first thing on my list to cook. A handful of spring onions were also discovered, not sure what to make with them yet.
We took a visit to the heritage farm on churchill island on saturday morning. They have a farmers market on the 4th saturday of the month & there's some beautiful produce available.
Lots of exploring is happening in the garden. It is quite established & there plenty to look at. On the back lawn beyond the vegie patch, there are twelve fruit trees. I've managed to identify some of them, but most have no leaves at the moment. I'll have to wait til the spring to figure them out.

5 comments:

amy said...

wow. what a beautiful thing to wake up to! sounds much more inviting than the trucks and buses that roar past my window! you're living the life :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

How did I miss the news that you are moving/ moved to the country full time. That's even more exciting.

Jodie said...

Those photos !!! How beautiful is that fog?

Sam said...

How amazing it will be to garden with that view.

Kate Moore said...

What a great space you have for digging garden beds. I am envious.