Friday 14 August 2009

recent craftiness...

The past week has been very crafty. I've been saoking up inspiration from printing by hand, such a wonderful book. I've been wanting to do some basic printing for ages, but have been to overwhelmed by fancy methods. This is definately the book for me, it's full of great projects & visual guides. I can't wait to have a crack.
In more hands on crafting... I've been hooking away every day this week. I've made myself some mittens, inspired by the bird bath. But too gun-ho to stop & read her instructions (which would've been wise). So, with the basic concept in mind I whipped these up & now have orders in from workmates too.
Another crochet project has been some dish cloths. Since living in the country & having to dispose of our own rubbish, I've become quite aware of our consuming. I'm trying to cut down on mass produced items that simply don't last & aren't good for the environment. These are made from cotton & they can be put through the washing machine when they get grubby, so their life cycle is alot longer than the supermarket equivalent. I've done the same for our face washers too.
And one more thing... I'm trying to figure out how to crochet a beanie. At first I thought it would be pretty straight forward, but no sir-ee. I've started twice so far & had to pull both apart. I'm not going to give up though, I'll start again today.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Aaarrgghh! Love the mitts but have trawled through bird bath's blog and can't find 'em. Please can you tell me where to find the instructions. I have a new crochet addiction amd need a fix. xx