Monday 5 October 2009

in the orchard...

After visiting & photgraphing the moo cows, I took a walk around the property. There's alot going on in the garden right now. Lot's of flowers & young leaves & fruit starting to form. I'm quite happy to see that the apricot trees are doing well. All three trees have little apricots forming. I can't wait to make apricot jam.
There's a couple of other fruit trees starting to flower now. I'm still not sure what they are, they have the white blossoms shown below. Maybe they are an apple or pear.
The grapvines are just bursting with the beginnings of bunches. I'm not sure what variety they are either, I'm just hoping they are sultana grapes... that would be wonderful.
On my walk I was joined by both dogs & all four chickens. They all followed me around quite happily, through the long grass. We're very fond of the chickens, they are funny little things. Unfortunately the haven't started laying yet. You can't get dud chooks, can you? Oh, I hope they lay soon. I'm starting to lose hope.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Its so exciting to see things grow.
I love spring!!!
Andi :-)

teddybearswednesday said...

Lovely photos!! And am very jealous of being followed by chooks!!! I adore your chooks, they look totally perfect to me!