Sunday 22 November 2009

weather forecast...

More rain is predicted this week at the farm, colourful rainbow rain that is.
I've been working on this mobile for a while now, coming back to it when inspiration struck. I'm still umming & ahhing over how I shall hang it, so it's not quite finished yet. Should I use fishing line or ribbon do you think? The edges of the cloud & droplets have been finished with a blanket stitch & the droplets are attached with a crocheted chain stitch using a itty bitty hook. It was a bit labour intensive, I must say.
I'm quite pleased with how it has turned out, perhaps it will be a good gift to make for friends babies too.
On the topic of real rain, we have had an awful lot this weekend. We've spent all weekend indoors; watching Clint Eastwood movies, crocheting (me) & making music (Sam). When the rain eases up, I'll be back under the willow tree sipping lemon cordial & crafting away. I can't wait.

No comments: