Friday 22 January 2010

scoring points...

Brownie points that is. A sure fire way to win over the husband. Not that I needed too, I hadn't been bad. It's just a damn good excuse to eat them.
I've had a great week this week. The husband had two really good days in a row. He was feeling so good, he even ventured into the shed & worked on a car. I had tears in my eyes when he rushed into the house to show me his greasy hands. We're still taking each day as it presents itself, but there are definite improvements in his health & state of mind.
I'm still finding ways to entertain myself. Ways that don't involve any use of my left arm. I'm making lists. I love lists. I've always written them but now they are more prominent. Lists on what to do tomorrow, shopping lists, baby needs, our yearly plan, veggie patch ideas, crafty ideas... the lists go on. I can't do much, but I'm extremely organised.
Tomorrow we have friends arriving for the weekend for some country R&R. I'm excited, friends mean great chats, yummy food & lots of laughing (especially when it's Emma coming down).
I hope your weekend is full of these things too.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So pleased to hear your boy is feeling better. I hope you have the greatest weekend and get to start ticking some of the things of your lists soon. XX

PaisleyJade said...

Yum!!! I love brownies too... and so does my husband.