Saturday 9 October 2010

the little man...

Our little man will soon be 6 months old. Some days it feels so hard to believe that I'm a mama (that lasts all of 3 seconds, before I'm snapped back into reality). I truly wouldn't give it up for the world, it really is the most amazing experience.
Lately my head has been in the clouds, all grey & seemingly never ending. So thick are the clouds, it's hard to believe that the sun still shines in the blue sky. I'm tired, so very tired. Huckle sleeps twelve hours straight at night & I'm getting at least seven, but it doesn't ever seem to be enough. I'm trying my hardest to get my head around this. Trying to accept the tiredness mentally, in hope that my body will accept it physically. Hopefully this little mind trick works.
But all this aside, I'm here. I'm a capable mama who is raising this gorgeous little fellow.
These are his five month photos, a little belated of course.
The sun is finally starting to show it's face around these parts & we've been spending more time outside. He's been patting the dogs, watching newborn cows run in the paddock, experiencing grass between his toes & just generally lolling about in the fresh country air. The trick of rolling over has been mastered & sitting up isn't far away.
We've started on solids... carrot-delicious, rice cereal-not bad, banana-good stuff, potato-tasty, apple-oh my god, I can't believe you're making me eat this! You should see the performance. Arms waving, tongue sticking out... goodness me. I used pink ladies, nice & sweet. At least it isn't wasted, I'm happy to eat the rest. We haven't given up though, apple is still on the menu.
His laugh is hilarious, a real deep chuckle. He loves to be tickled & it really cracks him up when you pretend to bite him. I like to nibble on his cheeks, this gets the laugh going very easily. If I'm really, really tired & maybe a bit upset or cranky, I make him laugh & this makes me happy. It lifts my spirits & the day doesn't feel so overwhelming. Laughter is the best medicine afterall.
I hope you're having a gorgeous weekend.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh he is just the cutest Kitty!
I see he has the same figure as my girls when they were babies. Its hard not to bite them isn't it, just too delicious!
I hope you and your boys have a gorgeous weekend too. X

Jgee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Kitty please don't tell me that he sleeps 12 hours straight!
Hazel was up three times last night, I have finally moved out of her room and she is going it alone.

She likes to sleep on her tum now, oh and she really likes to gnash her new teeth on a kiwi fruit wedge!

Also, I hate to admit it, but that tiredness never really goes away, I think as a Mum you just get used to feeling a little bit ragged, that's what it's like at my place anyway!

Celia said...

What a gorgeous little man! I hope you're feeling better soon - sometimes it's hard to shake what is almost a culture shock of a new bub - much as you love them, it still takes a little adjusting...all the best!

dillpickle said...

He's adorable! I completely get the tiredness factor - I negotiated a 3 hour block of 'me' time a week where my husband was 100% responsible for parenting and I could do what ever I liked. I think it really helped to keep my head feeling slightly less buried in parenting a very small and adorable but exhausting child! I think having a defined block of decent time is way more helpful than the snatched moments you otherwise manage. I hope the fog thins before too long.