Tuesday 12 October 2010

make your own muesli...

I've been making my own muesli for a while now. It's so nice to have it just how you like it. The right amount of nuts, toasted just so & your own choice of fruit. This is the latest recipe that's being gobbled up for breakfast at our place. I like to make a huge batch & pop it in a big tub. It usually lasts us about a fortnight.
Kitty's Nutty Muesli
2kg rolled oats
500gm processed bran or bran flakes
100gm sunflower seeds
100gm pepitas
200gm pecans - roughly chopped
200gm almonds - I use whole almonds with the skin on & roughly chop them
500gm sultanas
250gm chopped dates
Gently roast the oats & nuts.
Mix all ingredients together.
Enjoy with milk, banana & a drizzle of honey.
Yummo!

1 comment:

Little Paper Trees said...

meant to comment yesterday and tell you how yummy this recipe looked. so much better (and cheaper) the brand I've been buying. Oh and thanks for adding me to your sidebar - i just did a little dance when I saw my name pop up!