Sunday 31 October 2010

right now...

The weekend so far has been lovely & relaxing. We've been pottering about inside, while the rain falls steadily. Yesterday we had a tasty lunch at a local farm & took a drive through the hills. There's been lot's of hook action & tea drinking too & so much more...
Hearing :: the rain beat down on our roof :: a gentle & comforting rhythm

Watching :: an old Kirk Douglas movie, Lust for Life :: about Vincent van Gogh

Reading :: the creative family, by soulemama :: it's so nice to read my beliefs in another persons words
Making :: a crocheted baby blanket :: among other things to one day soon stock my little store

Eating :: apple & sultana loaf for breakfast :: tasty & healthy

Feeling :: pretty good :: the usual fogginess has taken a holiday for the weekend

Thinking :: about the hairy cows that escaped into next doors paddock :: to hang out with the hot hereford mama's one can only assume

Hoping :: that my bestie will visit next weekend :: please ragsie, do come

Wondering :: if our vegie patch will ever be finished :: maybe when it stops raining

Liking :: endless cups of tea :: especially on days like today

Wanting :: to snuggle up in bed for the day :: I think I'll give this a try
Playing :: with photographs, colour & wool :: so many ideas

Wishing :: for the summer :: to be bathed in the warm glow of the sun, slathered in sunscreen of course

Enjoying :: the company of my gorgeous boys :: they make the days bright

Coveting :: salt water sandals :: the last time I liked sandals this much I was 5, I just won't wear them with socks now that I'm all grown up

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend & for the victorians, a lovely long weekend.

4 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh I love your little colour palettes in your sketchbook. So pretty.

Christina Lowry said...

Lots of loveliness at your house. Amanda's book is great, isn't it? I'm thinking of curling up with a book in a minute. Still reading Bill Brysons 'At Home' and loving it. Mr Cohen has a fever and was up early this morning. He's gone down for nap already, instead of waiting until after lunch as he usually does. So I think a rest for Mama is in order so that I am all refreshed and ready for extra cuddles later.

xx

Unknown said...

Visiing from The Design Files. Love the colour mood boards, great idea. Charmaine

Anonymous said...

sounds like a perfect weekend that you had. I have just 'discovered' crochet. endless possibilities.
Love the colour palettes.