Thursday 14 July 2011

my creative space...

I've been spending these cold nights hooking away at a wee little baby top. This is the back piece & I've almost finished the front. I'm up to the part where you begin to shape the neckline & I've freaked out a little. There is a pause in the construction while I get the nerves together & just finish it already! I'm also a little unsure of my colour choice... is it perhaps a little too candy girl?
Crochet aside, I'm also dreaming up ideas for the stash of 1930's cotton I scored at Camberwell market on Sunday. They're cut in the shape of two tulips, should I use it like this or cut into it for some tiny patchwork. Hmm... I also scored a couple of fat quarters & a metre of the alphabet fabric for a few measly dollars, with the charm squares thrown in for free.
There were more great finds too, but I'll have to save those for another day. 
I'm off to eat some warm bread, bake bikkies & maybe even have another cuppa
Have a great Thursday!

Joining in over here...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore her patterns...so easy to follow. This top is gorgeous.

Lovely fabric too :)

x

Christina Lowry said...

Good luck with the neckline, I'm sure you'll ace it! And that fabric, I don't need to mention my jealousy really do I? Wow wow wow. Great finds. I'm sure they will inspire a new project and you will know just what to do with them when the time is right. :)

Tania said...

My smallest throws those colour combinations together all the time and makes it work a TREAT. It's going to be tres sweet...

(you lucky fabric finder-er, you)

Sam Findlay said...

Good luck with the neckline, I am at a similar point with a cadigan and I;m also feeling a bit nervous! I love the colour of the top though, perfect for a girl!