Tuesday 30 August 2011

a rainbow at my feet...

Sometimes we look for beauty in our everyday. Other times, the beauty finds us.
Huckle & I had walked up the drive to collect the mail. On our way back he stopped to collect some treasures from the ground. I stood & watched as he busied himself with the gravel & leaves. I was smiling, thinking how lovely it must be to explore & discover the beauty of gravel & leaves. As I was looking toward the ground, I noticed a rainbow. A wonderful, scattered leaf rainbow covering the whole driveway. I walk this driveway everyday & only today do I notice this great delight. I squatted down beside my little man & together we collected a rainbow.
It's truly a marvelous thing to find such beauty amongst the everyday. To know that no matter how rubbish the day might be, or how many times you've walked that path before; if you take a moment to look around, you're sure to find something special.
Do you think this way too?
What unexpected beauty have you discovered recently?

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Isn't it beautiful.... to think how often we just pass things by.
Sometimes it's nice to stop and smell the roses/pick up leaves!

xx Ness said...

Wow! What a wonderful way to start my day...this is very, very special indeed.

Tania said...

Beautiful. You could frame this.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What a stunning collection, and a lovely observation.

celia said...

Simply beautiful..