Saturday 11 February 2012

a quilt for Clover...

I recently finished this quilt, if you follow me on Instagram you may have seen a sneak peek or two. It was a custom order for a friend of ours, who is gifting it to her sweet niece Clover. I am so pleased she was happy with how it turned out. 
Trying to keep it a little muted, my inspiration was the gorgeous Liberty floral which I paired with the more modern designs. The backing is a vintage sheet from the stash and the binding is old stock from spotlight. I really wanted it to have that handmade, heirloom appeal, so I hand quilted along both sides of the seams and hand stitched the binding too. A lot of hours and love have gone into this quilt. I hope it will be treasured forever.
There's a few teeny quilts in the line up, so they're next on the list. I'm having a lot of fun picking the fabric combinations.
I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead of you.

1 comment:

Susan said...

love it!! you are obviously much more patient than me doing all that hand stitching!! gorgeous colours!