Tuesday 6 November 2012

six things right now...


I'm excited about our first strawberries. Everyday we check on their progress and anticipate their ripening. Hopefully we'll get to them before the birds.

Bread rolls warm from the oven and shakshuka make a delicious lunch. So filling we didn't feel like much for tea. Recipe from Ottolenghi's Plenty, that man can do no wrong.

I love a fairyfloss sky. Blue, pink, purple and orange.
For those of you who know my brother... don't you think this tree could be mistaken for the back of his head. Tee hee. Afro bro, I miss you so. x

Sensory play is the number one go-to for Huckle entertainment. Meditation for toddlers, I call it. Finger painting, water play, playing with beans, threading pipe cleaners, tying cupboards together with soft yarn... (That last one is totally his idea. I especially enjoy it when cupboards on either side of the kitchen are tied together and I have to play hurdles to get to the other side.)

Flowers in the garden equal happiness. In a vase on the table... happiness doubled. We've got ten rose bushes at our place and they're giving us some very pretty posies.

One day, I'll have a ginormous vegie patch with enough space for all my vegetable whims and fancies. Right now though... this is my cucurbit patch. Three different pumpkin plants and four zucchini plants. It's not very nice to look at now, dogs and poultry have to be kept out. I can't wait to see this bareness transform into a jungle. 

What's happening in your part of the world right now?

1 comment:

Steph @ this brown wren said...

You are so right about sensory play! It is so amazing to see them calm and soften when handed something squishy, wet, runny...or all of the above! What a beautiful space you have here Kitty! Wishing you a beautiful weekend.
Steph : x
thisbrownwren.blogspot.com
(how do I go about following you...not too sure about the feed thing...must keep up with techno world!)